My OI Journey to New Legs - Days 10 and 11

Oops I did it post yesterday but I'm still alive I promise ;-)

I'll split the days to make sure I capture everything πŸ‘

Day 10: Thursday
Today started like every day...6am wake up for morning meds and obs then back to sleep until breakfast arrived at 7:30ish. Post that I went to Physio at 10 (in my pjs as still hadn't had a shower
🚿) and then just chilled out until lunch.

1:30pm and finally I was given a shower🚿...the nurse looked at me when I asked if I could actually have a shower before dinner and said 'oh haven't you had one yet?' Um no, see these clothes I'm wearing, they are the same ones I woke up in and this birds nest on my head wasn't my chosen style for the day! Lucky I showered when I did as the lovely Lisbeth called in to see me and we managed to escape the ward to the 'patient outdoor lounge' so I could get some fresh air πŸƒπŸŒΎ

I then received a couple of lovely parcels in the arvo...gorgeous flowers all the way from my amazing fellow quad squad member and friend Julie Dombo in the USA and a beautiful card from Jill & Glenys in Hawkes Bay, NZ.

A quiet night in with minimal pain was just what I needed :-D

Day 11: Friday
Finally I had a half decent nights sleep and was only woken a couple of times. Off to Physio at 10, again in my pjs
then showered before my first lot of visitors.

Andrew, his wife Sarah and their gorgeous bubba Ella came in first bearing chocolates 🍫. Andrew and I went to school together and hadn't seen each other in about 18 years so we had a lot to catch up on and probably bored poor Sarah to death with our reminiscing πŸ—£πŸ‘«

Then Gino and his brand new 'fiancé' Sue came in bearing yet more gifts πŸ’πŸ«congrats again on the engagement πŸ’ during their visit my prosthetic specialist Stefan popped in to cast my arm so he can rig up some crutches for me for when I start walking againπŸ’ͺ...he also walked off with my legs to start making up my new ones before I come back for stage 2 πŸšΆπŸƒ

Missed my Physio session this afternoon so had to do exercises in my bed and I'm paying for it now...less swelling in my leg equals more bone and nerve pain which equals OUCH!!!I'm also starting to feel muscles I didn't know I had!

Justin (my US Osseo brother) and his mum called in too to see if I wanted to escape the ward but I had another visitor coming so we've planned to go check out the Vivid Festival at Darling Harbour tomorrow night β˜„πŸŒŸ

Miss Kayla called in after work tonight and we chatted for ages, last time I saw her she was about 14 and still living in the Mount (NZ) and now she's all grown up and living here in Sydney!

Tonight I have different aches and pains, think the exercising isn't helpful but it's a necessity so I'll deal with it. Hoping to be home in a week or so, all depends on a few other trials they have lined up for me for next week.

A couple of pics below to show the swelling has decreased and I can finally see my knees again!! Have a great weekend beautiful people <3


Back to Top